The Municipality of Ritchot has been successful in securing $25,000 from the Province of
Manitoba to put towards a Recreation Master Plan. The need for recreation planning arose in
strategic discussions surrounding how to best support our volunteers and facilities. The
Municipality has hired Scatliff + Miller + Murray and J. Harper and Associates to engage
communities in developing a comprehensive plan that will set the direction for recreation for
the next 20 years.
What can our communities expect from this process?
- We will be engaging all residents in a comprehensive survey during the month of June
that will inform recommendations on future recreation development.
- Using the information provided by stakeholders and the community, a draft master plan
will be developed and residents will have the opportunity to provide feedback on the plan
in a round table, public house format in the fall prior to adoption by council.
The deliverables of this study include but are not limited to:
- Establish a clear, 20-year vision for Recreation in the Municipality of Ritchot to meet
future community needs
- Establish a mission statement, goals and objectives for the Ritchot Recreation
- Identify the needs for short term / long-term facility development including trails and
green space and provide conceptual designs
- Create a feasibility study for future recreation facility development in the municipality
- Create a capital fundraising plan to fund new facility development
- Examine how the Municipality currently supports recreation and facilities and make
recommendations for future support
- Develop a standard policy and procedure manual for facility operations
- Prepare goals, objectives and implementation actions for the Municipality for
To read the full briefing for the Recreation Master Plan click here